The following clothing is considered inappropriate and is not to be worn to school:
- Clothing, including hats, jewelry, or accessories associated with alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, obscenity, bigotry or violence.
- Short shorts, bare-midriff tops, beach attire, low necklines, low back lines, shoulder-less garments, PJ’s, slippers, or any clothing normally worn as underwear.
- Pants must be worn at waist level; oversized clothing is unacceptable.
- Outer clothing must completely cover underclothes and be in good repair.
Cell Phone Policy
- Students may bring cell phones to school.
- Cell phones must be on silent and not visible.
- Any cell phone us in the classroom will result in a failing grade on the test or student work which the student is working on.
- Phone calls to parents or to coordinate transportation must be completed outside the school building.
Student photo will be taken upon enrollment and an ID card will be issued to the student. The ID card may be needed in order to attend concurrent courses or school activities at the student’s home comprehensive high school. Student will be charged $5 to replace lost or stolen cards.
Student Computer Use
To be given network and Internet access through the district, all students are required to sign the Student Network/Internet Acceptable Use Agreement form. PYLUSD does recognize and supports each family’s right to decide to apply for Network/Internet access. Students who do not sign the agreement will not be given access to computers that are on the district network. La Entrada students will use school computers for educational purposes (i.e. research, word processing, presentations, etc.). Students are not permitted to use school computers for e-mail, chat, or personal use of the Internet.
All La Entrada students are required to complete a minimum of 60 hours of community service as a graduation requirement. You can download the Community Service verification form here: